Thursday, November 21, 2013

Friends, Frenemies, and Fakes



                Unfortunately we all have them. Those friends we secretly hate. We force ourselves to be fake, pretend to be their best gal pal, and pretend were not dreaming of an exit strategy to escape the friendship. Why do we do this? Force ourselves to be frenemies, and for what? 

                The best example of frenemies is Serena Van Der Woodsen and Blair Waldorf from Gossip Girl. Instead of being each others rock, they sabotage each other. Maybe it’s because they are jealous of one another, or maybe it’s because Serena slept with Blair’s boyfriend, Nate. Whatever it maybe, they fake a friendship with each other because they can’t imagine life without the other one.

                There have been so many people I have been forced to be nice to in high school. Daily friend request from people I don’t know and faking a smile pretending like I care about them. What was it all for, popularity, the need to be accepted, or fear of being alone? It’s scary going through high school alone. That’s why I forced myself to be friends with fakes. 

                As girls we are envious of the strong bromances men form. It’s such a buzzkill to realize I will never have a strong friendship like that. Too many haters are in the world today. Girls hate on very little thing. That’s one reason I don’t have very many friends. They hate on every little thing I do and talk shit behind my back, I can’t stand it!

                I can’t say I’m innocent in this whole frenemy situation. I’ve talked bad about my friends behind their backs, started rumors and sabotaged relationships. Why? Because I used to be super jealous bitch. It’s way easier to be a bad friend than a good friend.

                I’ve attempted to suck all of the poison out of my life. Clear my life of my frenemies, stop myself from talking shit, and started looking for better friends. I’ve unfriend many fake friends from my social media sites and forced myself to stop tweeting

                Being a good friend is defiantly a chore. I’m currently on the path of repairing an old friendship. Me and my only true friend I’ve ever had grew apart, and went separate ways. Now I’m reconnecting trying to become friends again. It’s not easy. It’s been almost seven years since we were best friends. Our lives have changed so much, and trying to reconnect is not easy. I’m thankful for all of the great times we had and hope one day we could get back to that. 

                The truthiness of the matter is I’ve grown up. I’m learning to surround myself with better people. We should all really avoid talking bad about each other and just embrace those who are actually worth our time. I’ve learned not to let people take advantage of me, and realized who my true friends are. It sickens me to realize I was not a nice person. I was a horrible friend, when my gal pals needed me the most.

No comments:

Post a Comment